honeysuckle




(lonicera)

My friends and I were offended
the pounding, the hurting never ended
you should have heard our cries and howls
had you opted to listen to our souls
but instead you acted like goons
oh, please stop rubbing salt into our wounds.

We are searching for our voices
was it lost or it melted with your vices
with all the throwing back and forth
you should have known it is not worth
and will never bring back the happy songs
so, please stop rubbing salt into our wounds.

Are you cashing in our our misery
some friends you are, a treachery
no hope for peace, no more no less
haven't you wondered why you are in that mess
you will not learn, that i guess
will you stop rubbing salt into our wounds.


I joined a social networking site that has a leaning to its people. Usually, Asians were discriminated upon and I have written this poem in support to my people who were ganged up. I have written this when they are cashing in on that issue instead of pacifying the situation and moved to have those who opposed them removed from that site. Some press freedom, huh! I think you will know whose nationality I am referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment