yellow bell


(allamanda apocynaceae)


I do not know what to feel when you went away
Should I be glad, the pain and suffering is gone
Deep in my heart I really wanted you to stay
To show you I care, there are things I should have done
Had I one wish from a genie in a bottle
It will be my wish to turn back the hands of time
For togetherness, I'll enclose in a wattle
You are in that dais, one and only sublime.


Life is not just fair, for you to suffer that way
Now, I know, you are eternally in heaven
Peaceful and content, in dad's bosom you lay
Together reunited, in your own haven
You need not worry about us, we are okay,
We will try to be, we will try to enliven. 


I wrote this sonnet a few hours after my mother died (Nov. 2, 2008). She died of lung cancer and she suffered a lot. Here is what is in my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment